HURRICANE PREPAREDNESS FOR PETS:
- NEVER leave a pet outside in a storm!
- Bring pets inside to a secure area that will not flood!
- It is illegal to chain or tether an animal during a
dangerous weather event
- If you EVACUATE, TAKE YOUR PET with you!
Dept of Homeland Security Website & Brochure
Jefferson Parish Dept. of Emergency Preparedness:
MICRO CHIP YOUR PETS, especially for Hurricane Season
- Does not hurt your pet
- Not expensive to do
- Not expensive to register your microchip with monitoring companies such as AVID & 24 Pet Watch
- Best way for you to find your pet
DO NOT LEAVE YOUR DOG OR CHILD IN A HOT CAR
Running into a store for “just a minute” can be
FATAL FOR YOUR CHILD OR PET LEFT IN THE CAR!
BEWARE OF HEAT STROKE & BURNED PAWS WHILE OUTSIDE
Beware of Toxic Plants in Your Garden that can kill or make your pet very sick. Check the ASPCA & Southern Living list of toxic plants and dog-friendly plants:
There may be a consultation fee charged.
ASPCA Poison Control website and telephone No.
1 (888) 426-4435
Poison Control website and telephone No.
Consultation is FREE
1 (800) 222-1222
FREE SPAY & NEUTER THROUGH LA. SPCA
To book your appointment call us at 504.368.5191 or email email@example.com
AVOID BLUE-GREEN ALGEA. IT CAN BE TOXIC TO DOGS.
IF IT IS COLD OUTSIDE, BRING IN YOUR PETS!
DOGS & CATS CAN SUFFER FROSTBITE & DIE FROM THE COLD!
IF ANOTHER DOG ATTACKS YOUR DOG – Pull the hind legs of the attacking dog off the ground into the air. The attacking dog will stop attacking your dog.